RSW – Update #12

RSW2It’s the last day of Ready. Set. Write! (a summer writing intensive–more info here).

How I did on last week’s goals? I finished THE ROYAL WE (and then spent the requisite obnoxious amount of time looking at the evolution of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s relationship). And I got myself back into going to yoga class, which was sorely needed. Writing-wise, I didn’t get 5K written, but I got pretty close!

Overall Summer Goals? Back in June, I was battling ocular migraines several times a week, and basically freaking out about it all, so my goal was SUPER low: finish some of the draft for my current WIP, THE VAGABONDS. Obviously I met that extremely low bar, haha. Once I got my migraines a little more under control, I was able to get a lot more written than I thought I would! And I read some fantastic books and squeezed in a lot of yoga, too, so I consider this summer a win.

Since it’s the last day, I’m not going to go through all the headers, but I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by with encouragement and kind words throughout the summer! 🙂 I enjoyed writing and goal-setting with you all!

I’m slightly sad that summer is ending… but SUPER EXCITED FOR FALL!!!!

How did your summer writing go?

1. Stephanie Scott says:

The Royal We is on my list! I saw the authors at Chicago’s Printer Row fest this summer. Dream come true b/c I’ve been following their fug or not blog for like 8 years. Another cool thing is they just did some podcasts with Previously.Tv, a site made of writers from a now-defunct pop culture blog that the fug girls also used to work for. Anyway, they are funny and I need to read that book.

I did fairly well on my goals, though some of my goals had to change through the summer. Great to catch up!

I just started looking at their blog after reading, and they look like fun ladies! If you’re at all obsessed with Will and Kate, then you will adore the book. It’s essentially just Kate Middleton fan fiction, lol. I saw that written on some Goodreads reviews and was like, “SOLD!” Haha…

Glad you had a great summer! 🙂

2. Alison Miller says:

It was a great summer, wasn’t it?! Way too fast, but it seems like everyone accomplished A LOT. So glad you could join us, Crystal!

3. Katy Upperman says:

I’m sad about summer ending, too, Crystal. I’ve enjoyed checking in with you throughout RSW, and I’m so glad that you’ve gotten your migraines under control. The worst! Best of luck with your writing as we head into fall!

4. Pax Asteriae says:

Migraines are awful (putting it lightly), so I’m really glad you’ve got them under control now. Congratulations on exceeding your expectations–it’s such a wonderful feeling! I hope your autumn is just as productive and migraine-controlled!

5. Courtney Leigh says:

So happy to hear the migraines have quit being such a bother. Awesome job on meeting your writing and fitness goals! (I slacked off on the fitness this last month.)

I have my fingers crossed for you for PW!!! Let’s keep in touch afterward, no matter what. What are your guesses about the surprise?

6. Erin Funk says:

Yay for winning summers! I’m happy to hear your migraines are more under control now and that you were able to make good progress despite that major complication. Thanks for taking part in RSW and I hope those migraines go away for good. I’m super excited for fall too! 🙂