Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. I finished reading TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton (which was so good! Reminded me a lot of the scandals on Gossip Girl, and so obviously I loooved it), and I got to 5K on my WIP, but then I had to chop off several hundred words since they sort of veered off in the wrong direction. So, two steps forward, one step back kind of week. Did no yoga, so I’m a huge failure there, haha.
2. My goal(s) for this week. This is the last week of RSW! Nooooooo! I’m going out with a goal of 5K words and finish reading THE ROYAL WE. Get myself to a yoga class, because clearly motivating myself to do the at home videos is NOT working! I suck at self-motivation for anything fitness related.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“One thing Flint has that I will never have is an accurate internal compass.” I like this because he means it directionally, but Flint has all kinds of working internal compasses that my MC does not.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). I’ve been overzealously following the Pitch Wars feed, which is still super distracting, but really, I had a very busy week. There was a pool BBQ, two play dates, a friend’s kid’s birthday party, a doctor’s appointment, and a benefit event for a friend’s baby. Good think I found this list of the best smartwatches for my friend. He loved it! However my introvert side wants to spend this entire week hiding under my bed.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I love that I finally feel like I know where the story is going. Sometimes going down the wrong path is the only way to discover the right one!
How’d your week go?