Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. This last week was pretty productive! I made it to 4,000 words (though some of that was in my outline, which got some sorely needed improvement). I did barely any yoga, but since my goal was just to do ANY, I can say I met that goal, haha. I read a verse novel that wasn’t even in my goals list (I HEART YOU, YOU HAUNT ME by Lisa Schroeder), and I started TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton, but haven’t finished it yet.
2. My goal(s) for this week. Since we’re entering the final weeks of RSW, I’m going to go big (for me) and set a goal of 5K words. ANY yoga. Finish TINY PRETTY THINGS.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
I wrote some good new stuff, but the best word to sum up most of my writing this week is OUTLINING.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). More Pitch Wars stuff–stalking out mentors and making final revisions and submitting my work. Plus I kept accidentally staying up too late and making myself crazy tired the next day. I need to stop that.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I love that, as I write, the main character is slowly becoming all these things I didn’t know he’d be. It’s fun when characters start to create themselves!
How’d your week go?