Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. Another not great week–I think my goals were a bit too ambitious since I had my two nieces for the whole week. I barely wrote at all (only a couple hundred words on a new story idea that I needed to exorcise so I could focus on my current WIP). I did yoga only once, because I normally use nap time and seven year olds don’t take naps. I did finish reading WILD by Cheryl Strayed (and watched the movie, too)! And I also read THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART by Jessi Kirby, which was a sad, sweet romance I really enjoyed!
2. My goal(s) for this week. I’m going to step up the word count goal for this week, since I failed so bad last week: 4,000 words. Fingers crossed! Also, let’s just say I want to do ANY amount of yoga, lol, because I keep failing myself when I overstate my yoga goals. Also, I’d like to read TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). Caring for my twin nieces was exhausting and ate up the bulk of my time. Plus I got sucked into researching mentors for Pitch Wars and watching the interview videos, which took longer than I intended.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I love that there are so many relationships–lots of romantic tension to keep me all warm and fuzzy.
How’d your week go?