Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. Not so good. I got down about 2,000 (hard won) words, just barely missing my word count goal of 2,500. I am still only 1/3rd through WILD by Cheryl Strayed. I did a yoga video, um, zero times last week.
2. My goal(s) for this week. Sticking with 2,500 words on my VAGABONDS story, yoga everyday (I’m watching my twin nieces again this week, so we’ll see how that goes…), and finish WILD so I can start one of the exciting books I just got from the library (THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART by Jessie Kirby and TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton).
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“Total honesty surprises people.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). Time wasn’t on my side. Too much real life to attend to.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I love one of my MC’s ex-girlfriends. She’s fun to write because she’s smart and she isn’t willing to implicate herself in the MC’s self-destruction. He kind of implies it’s her fault at one point, and I love that she’s strong enough to know for a fact that, even though she wanted to help him, it was never her responsibility to fix him.
How’d your week go?