Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. I finished the new revisions on my current novel, and I think I made some great changes! I also sent out three more queries, and I started the 30 Days of Yoga challenge on the Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel (Thanks again for the rec, Katy!). And I read three books, one of which was SOME GIRLS ARE by Courtney Summers (ZOMG. Wow.). Overall: success!
2. My goal(s) for this week. Get back to drafting THE VAGABONDS and get about 2,500 words written. Read WILD by Cheryl Strayed. Do a yoga video every day this week.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Revision is HARD, y’all.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). I really had to fight my anxiety this week. About writing, about life–about everything, it seemed like. Tuesday is my 31st birthday, and I’m not one of those people who gets sad about growing older, but for some reason my birthday tends to spiral me into a deep existential crisis every year. Hoping the crisis is over and dealt with so I can get on with my week, lol.
5. Something I love about my WiP. Honestly? I love that I can go back to drafting. Did I mention revision is HARD?
How’d your week go?