Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. TBH, I didn’t even count my words this week, but I feel like I did the equivalent of 3,500 words worth of work. I started to work on my current novel, THE VAGABONDS, and got one scene written, but then I got a bolt of inspiration based on some agent feedback and ended up working on revisions for the novel I’ve been querying, THE COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE OF EMMA POLAND. So, I got through quite a bit of revisions and I also created a more detailed outline for my current WIP. Pretty good, I think.
I didn’t make it to yoga class, but my husband and I did a video together which was fun! And for reading, I started two books–THINGS FALL APART by Chinua Achebe and PAGE BY PAIGE by Laura Lee Gulledge.
2. My goal(s) for this week. Finish reading my two books, finish revisions on TCAUFEP, send out one or two more queries (and yoga, of course).
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Character. In TCAUFEP, I’ve been working hard on characterization while I revise, trying to sleuth out ways to make my protagonist more sympathetic, even when she does some pretty unsympathetic things.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). This past weekend was my husband’s birthday, so I didn’t have much time to write over the weekend, but we had a lot of family time which is always fun!
5. Something I love about my WiP. They’re both really challenging me, which is tough in the moment but hopefully it’s also helping me grow as a writer.
How’d your week go?