Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. Write 3,500 words? Um. No. But I did get about 1,500. And I finished PS I LOVE YOU (which I really enjoyed, and TMI, I totally dreamed about meeting John Ambrose McClaren at a party last night, lol). I also went to 2 yoga classes (though the second one I got called out of after 30 mins because my son wouldn’t stop crying :(). All in all, I feel good about my week, overall.
2. My goal(s) for this week. 3,500 words. Yoga. Pick a new book to start–any suggestions?
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
She laughs. “My point is, I can’ t believe I jumped off a freaking cliff today. And it was all because of you.”
I laugh, too. “That’s what every guy wants to hear.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). Well, my migraines have been getting somewhat less frequent, which is awesome! But I did get a few rejections last week, including one on a full manuscript request, so that was hard. On the positive side, the agent was pretty complimentary and gave me some great, useful feedback. Only last week that positive side was pretty hard for me to see.
5. Something I love about my WiP. Forbidden romance! Love writing scenes where a kiss is oh so bad, yet oh so good.
How’d your week go?