Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. Well, not to toot my own horn, but y’know… TOOT TOOT. My goal was 2,000 words and I wrote nearly 6,000! Yeah, I’m amazing. On the other hand, still not done with THRONE OF GLASS. I was on such a writing streak that I spent most of my time with my own novel. I also never made it to yoga. But still, I’m calling this week a win.
2. My goal(s) for this week. I’m on vacation right now (I had to schedule this post), so I am going goal-free. Hoping to still get some words down and/or reading done, but no pressure.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Guilt. One of my MCs is suffering from so much guilt and every interaction drives it deeper. (Or at least I hope it does!)
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). The migraine preventative is not really working (yet?), but the longer I have these persistent migraines, the easier it is to push through and do things anyway. I even wrote some of my words this week with the crazy squiggly lines obscured half of my vision. It made me feel at least slightly more in control.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I love the voices in both of my dual narratives. It’s been a while since I’ve written a boy POV, and now I’m working on two in the same book!
How’d your week go?