Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. OK, so, no. I didn’t make it to 2,000 words. I did maybe 1,000, which is fine by me considering how busy I was this past week! I also did not finish THRONE OF GLASS, but I did go to yoga!
2. My goal(s) for this week. Same as last week: 2,000 words. Yoga. Read THRONE OF GLASS.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Burnt bridges. I’m enjoying writing some awkward scenes where my MC is forced to come face-to-face with a girl he loves but recently screwed over.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). I started taking a preventative medication for my migraines, and while it hasn’t eliminated them, it has helped somewhat. I think? Anyway, the hardest thing this past week was just that I had so much going on. Babysitting my twin nieces, plus helping my sister move, prepping for Father’s Day, beta reading a novel for a friend, critiquing a couple scenes for a different friend. Basically, writing time was in short supply. Hopefully this week will be better!
5. Something I love about my WiP. Since I’m drafting, I’m continually discovering fun, new things to get excited about. Right now I’m getting excited about a budding story line that involves microchimerism, which has fascinated me ever since I first learned about it.
How’d your week go?