Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive–more info here. For the next few months, I’ll be posting updates every Monday on my progress and weekly goals. Feel free to join the fun! 🙂
1. How I did on last week’s goals. My only goal was to write 1,000 words, and I surpassed it! My ocular migraines have not let up, but I am trying not to let them ruin my life. So far, so good!
2. My goal(s) for this week. I’ll aim for the stars and say 2,000 words! Haha! Now I have better glasses, so that should help some. I’d also like to read THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas, and go to yoga at least once.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“Hindsight provides a sort of roadmap. It’s not particularly useful to backtrack across all the moments that lead to tragedy, but that doesn’t stop me from doing it anyway.Each moment collides with the next, like a twisted connect-the-dots puzzle that you can only decipher once it’s reached its horrible conclusion.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write). Hopefully this won’t be a theme, but for now my migraines have been really cramping my style. I might go on a prophylactic treatment this week and see if it works, even though taking medications always makes me super anxious.
5. Something I love about my WiP. I am loving the idea of writing a novel in two story lines, one in the present and one about a year prior. Not sure if I’ll pull it off or not yet, but it’s been a fun challenge so far!
How’d your week go?