Last Minutes and Lost Evenings

I’m so excited about this week’s Road Trip Wednesday over at YA Highway: What music has been your summer soundtrack?

I could use some new music recommendations!

My summer soundtrack has been chock full of Frank Turner (who played during the Olympics Opening Ceremony!!!), Mumford and Sons, and Of Monsters and Men.

I’m about to make myself sound old–I have totally lost whatever vim and vigor allowed me to keep up with what’s new and awesome in the music world. Now, when I find a band I love, I latch on. And I will evangelize their awesomeness, far and wide.

I have become a fangirl. I Internet-stalk the hell out of all the musicians I love now. Read all the interviews and watch all the videos. It’s a time-consuming job, but someone has got to do it. Especially when you can find gems like this (part 1 of 4, and you should really watch them all if you have no life like me):

So, what have you been listening to this summer? And how Internet-stalkable is your favorite musician?

1. Colin Smith says:

I’ve been watching old British music shows this summer, for some reason. And I’ve lost a lot of my youthful passion for my favorite bands/artists. Not that I don’t like them anymore, but where I used to be at the music store on album release day, now I’m like, “Cool–I’ll have to get that sometime.” I guess after a while it becomes too time consuming (and expensive) to keep up–at least for some of us. 🙂

I agree, wholeheartedly. I used to be into all kinds of bands and get excited about all of their releases, get tickets for their shows, etc. But the older I get, the more I feel the need to narrow down my all-consuming passions, haha…

2. Robin Moran says:

I’ve sort of been rediscovering songs that I used to listen to all the time when I was younger but somehow they disappeared out of my music collection. So McFly, Busted, Enrique Iglesias and HIM have all been tracked down and redownloaded. =D

I’m going to second the “I’m old and I’ve given up on keeping up with all the new music.” I think iTunes has made it easy to be lazier about that, too–genius recommendations give me enough new to supplement what I already love.
    But I do need to start listening to Mumford & Sons!

4. Kat says:

I LOVE Mumford & Sons! & I love you have become a fan girl, that vid is hilarious 😉
    My summer playlist has been very relaxed, with one favorite song whose lyrics were penned by a YA author 🙂

5. Sarah says:

Ooh Mumford & Sons! I assume you’ve seen the new song?? I agree that it’s tough to keep up with new music, but with the internet it’s much easier to know a ton about the artists you love. I find that so fun! Love the video you shared 🙂