Friday Fives! Yay! I love it when I don’t have to come up with ideas to blog about on my own. I’m feeling creatively lazy lately—must be the new full-time day job. I’ve joined the cubicle ranks and all of the creativity stifling that goes along with it. Woohoo.
So, today at Paper Hangover, they asked us to list out our five favorite contemporary YA novels. Contemporary is absolutely my favorite genre within YA, so I have plenty to choose from. Here they are—and yes, they’re in order.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
- Audrey Wait! By Robin Benway.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
- Just Listen & The Truth About Forever (tied!) by Sarah Dessen.
Notice a trend? Yeah, I heart romance and tinglies and love and cute boys. I especially heart Stephanie Perkins.
Did you love any of these novels too? Did you have dreams about Cricket Bell for days after reading LOLA like I did? What are some of your favorite YA contemporaries?