November was a trying month. Chock full of bad and terrible and could it get any worse? And my usual route of escapism–books–failed me on several occasions. It’s not the books’ fault. They tried to worm their way under my doldrums and inject some brightness, but I just couldn’t get into them.
Has this ever happened to you?
Luckily, it’s Christmastime. Christmas never fails to lift my spirits with cute penguin ornaments and cartoon Santa Clause dish towels. The sweet scent of pine trees and oodles of chocolate. Cheesy Christmas movies and sparkly garland. Honestly, I wish Christmas came around every three months instead of only once a year.
Another thing I love about Christmas? Giving gifts. I have such fun shopping around and finding fun things–even if I can’t always afford all of them. So, for your reading pleasure, I give you my top five favorite gift finds for Christmas 2011 (in no particular order)!
1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s throw pillow. Apparently this was featured on Gossip Girl, which makes total sense because Blair Waldorf is exactly the target audience for this thing. It’s a little pricey for a throw pillow, but good lord is it ever gorgeous.
2. Buttons! Buttons always make fun add-ons for gifts, but unfortunately, most people my age no longer wear buttons. These ones are so cute though, so I wanted to share them with people that might know other people who still enjoy wearing buttons.
3. Hand warmers. Perfect for anyone that doesn’t live in Southern California. Stick ’em in the microwave, then stick ’em in your pockets and you get one more defense against the brittle cold of winter. Sounds like a winner to me.
4. Robot tea infuser. Because who doesn’t want their loose leaf teas infused by a stainless steel robot with claws for hands?
5. Cable-knit throw blanket. My tastes are feeling so homey this year. Anyway, I felt this throw blanket whilst perusing my local mall and OMG. I have not been able to get it out of my head ever since. It’s got the weight of the cable-knit on one side and cloud-like softness on the other. I dare you to find something cozier. And if you find something, please let me know, because $100 for a throw blanket is out of my budget.
What are your cool gifty finds for this year? I promise I won’t steal your ideas and give them out to my friends without properly crediting you as the catalyst for my purchasing decision.